If you go to any wedding, there is usually an abundance of cake - beautiful, whimsical, elegant, colorful, detailed - cake. Groom's cake can be unique - cowboy hats, life preserver, Stratocaster guitar, blackjack table - I've seen lot of interesting cakes. But it's still cake.
There are so many other options that are equally delicious and more representative of your character.
1. Candy buffet - You've seen them in the range of flavors and colors. But who doesn't love to see their favorites?
2. Cake buffet - Instead of one cake, let guests choose from a dozen tempting choices.
3. Pie - Great for a backyard or relaxed reception. The hardest part may be limiting the flavors - apple, peach, chess, chocolate......Read More
4. Dessert and Milk - Who can resist dessert and milk shooters?
5. Ice cream - For a truly memorable dessert option, serve custom ice cream times to be served after the cake cutting. A popular option is ice cream sandwiches with gourmet flavors.
6. Cookie buffet - Everyone's childhood dessert favorite. Lay out a buffet of delicious cookies and goody bags to take some home.
7. Banana Pudding - Who doesn't love this childhood favorite served with whipped cream? have it served in small cups for a great presentation.
8. Strawberry Shortcake - This summer favorite is also popular at weddings. A create-your-own buffet is fun for guests.
9. Chocolate truffles - No matter how you choose to present them, these are a great choice for a groom's dessert or a favor.
10. Family Recipe - Does everyone have fond memories of grandma's special pumpkin bread or Aunt Suzie's dessert custard? Handed down family recipe's can be worked into weddings. Some bakers will be glad to use a family recipe as long as they receive it with plenty of advance time.