If some of your guest are from out of town, one of the best ways to welcome your guests is to have a gift basket or bag sent to their hotel room. This basket could have a note from the couple thanking them for sharing in the celebration. If possible create a small brochure filled with dates, times and locations for the wedding weekend as well as contact information. Out of town guests may appreciate knowing which restaurants your recommend or what are some fun places to visit. Everything can be packaged in a simple kraft bag or you could choose a nicer canvas bag, bucket or box to match the colors and theme or your wedding. It can also be a nice touch to include items local to your area.
Ideas for Nashville include:
- Map of the city
- Guest book with tourist attractions
- Food samples made locally - Tennessee tea cakes, Goo-goo clusters, Lynchburg candy, Moon pies, RC Cola, small bottle of Jack Daniels, Loveless jams or baking goods, Yazoo beer, or barbecue sauce from one of numerous local resources. Earlys gifts is a great resource for local southern items
- Postcards - Ranging from Hatch Show Print designs to vintage reprints to typical kitsch
- Notecards - e.g. Belle Meade Plantation, Hermitage Hotel, Nashville skyline, etc
- Local cookbook
- Maps of historic areas such as Civil Wars trails or Country Music stars homes.
- Souvenirs - Guitar picks or record label pins are just 2 on the small items that can be found.